Register Now for the Smyposium “Brückenschlag: Lernprozesse in analogen, hybriden und digitalen Formaten” and the 8th Day of Teaching at FAU
Instructors, university teaching experts, and students are warmly invited to participate in the QUADIS-Symposium „Brückenschlag: Lernprozesse in analogen, hybriden und digitalen Formaten,“ which will take place from October 9th to 11th, 2023, at the University of Bamberg (October 9th and 10th) and at Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg (October 11th). On October 11th, the 8th Day of Teaching at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg will run parallel to the symposium.
The thematic focus of the symposium revolves around fostering student learning between digital and analog teaching. How have digital aspects changed our face-to-face teaching? How do aspects of face-to-face teaching influence the design of digital teaching? What innovations have emerged at the interface? Where are the boundaries? What pedagogical challenges arise from hybrid formats? How can it be demonstrated that they promote student learning? What impact do they have on the design of teaching and learning environments and the necessary infrastructure?
The program consists of numerous workshops, long and short presentations, as well as keynote speakers, distributed among the following tracks:
- New Teaching-Learning Spaces: Use of hybrid teaching, design of hybrid learning spaces, use of virtual reality (VR), etc
- Transformations in Student Learning Behavior: Changed learning techniques, developments in the promotion of interdisciplinary skills
- Promotion of Learning Processes: Use of digitally-supported teaching methods (e.g., JiTT, PI), gamification and serious games, e-portfolios, incentive systems for learners, or collaborative use
- of teaching materials, using OER, etc
- Digitalization in Teaching: Design and use of digital tools and content, blended learning, development of digital examination procedures
- Tech Teaching: Use of artificial intelligence (AI) in teaching
- Substantive Transformations: Impact on subject-specific work processes, program design, and strategic higher education development
- Key Competencies: Conveying future skills
- FAU-Tracks: Insights into teaching and learning concepts at FAU as part of the 8th Day of Teaching
Participation in the symposium is free of charge. You can earn study units for the Certificate in Higher Education from Bavarian Universities.
We would be delighted to welcome you to the QUADIS Symposium in October and engage in conversations with you.